- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1982
- University of Georgia
- B.A. - 1979
- Buford High School
- Talc and Asbestos Exposure Cases
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Business Torts
- Georgia, 1982
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Current Employment Position
- Founding Member
Bob Cheeley has distinguished himself as an innovative legal mind and was instrumental in developing an automobile products liability practice. In that area, Bob has secured over $275 million in verdicts and settlements for his clients throughout the nation from virtually every automaker for design and manufacturing defects. The foundation Bob established early in his career continues to serve the Cheeley Law Group's clients today.
Bob has successfully handled wrongful death, personal injury, trucking, premises liability/negligent security, medical/hospital negligence, civil rights (Section 1983) actions against governmental entities and business litigation.
Bob is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association of Justice. Bob is rated "AV® Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available and a testament to the fact that Bob's peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Bob is a Georgia native from Buford, where he attended Buford High School. Bob received both his B.A. (1979) and J.D. (1982) at the University of Georgia. Bob practiced law with Cheeley & Chandler, founded by his father, Judge Joseph E. Cheeley, Jr., from 1982-1988. Bob and his wife Lisa live in Johns Creek, Georgia and are the parents of three adult children. Bob and Lisa Cheeley have been members of Perimeter Church since 1993. Bob also serves on the Board of Directors of The Piedmont Bank located in Peachtree Corners, Georgia. Bob has served as Chairman/CEO of ViveBo, LLC, a biotech startup, since 2010.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association of Justice
- Finalist, National Trial Lawyer of the Year, Public Citizen, 1993.
- American Association for Justice, Member.
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Former Board Member.
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity. (Phi Gamma Delta Educational Foundation Board of Trustees, 1997 – 2005; President and Chairman of the Board from 2003-2005).
- $150,000,000 Jury Verdict in Hardy vs. General Motors (Defective Automobile Door Latch).
- $105,000,000 Jury Verdict in Mosley vs. General Motors (Defective Automobile Fuel Tanks).
- $90,000,000 Jury Verdict in Rodriguez v. Suzuki Motor Company (Defective SUV).
- $46,000,000 Jury Verdict in Bibbs v. Toyota Motor Company (Defective Seatbelt).
- $20,000,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective SUV).
- $17,000,000 Settlement in DeLoach v. U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $15,500,000 Jury Verdict in Bagley v. Shortt (Road Wreck).
- $15,000,000 Jury Verdict in Richards v. U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $14,000,000 Settlement in Baggett v U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $14,000,000 Settlement in Clark v U.S. Xpress (Georgia Southern Nurses Trucking Collision).
- $9,800,000 Settlement in Wall v. Gwinnett County (Civil Rights Violation).
- $6,600,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective Automobile Door Latch).
- $3,000,000 Confidential Settlement (Defective SUV).
- $1,575,000 Settlement in Alderson v. Con-Way Southern Express (Wrongful Death).