Dre Tennille is a trial and appellate litigator. He served as lead counsel in his first jury trial during law school—with just two days’ notice—and wrote the State’s winning brief for a murder appeal in the Georgia Supreme Court.
After graduating law school and earning a master of laws in taxation, Dre spent five years as an associate at one of the southeast’s top litigation boutiques, litigating product liability, wrongful death,
and qui tam cases. Then he partnered with now-Judge Kenneth B. Hodges III of the Georgia Court of Appeals to litigate civil rights cases. Now, after serving as counsel for the Georgia Court of appeals, drafting opinions and recommending the court’s disposition, he has returned to private practice. An expert practitioner, he focuses on general trial and appellate practice, specializing in civil rights, product liability, business disputes, and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death.
Dre and his wife live in Atlanta, Georgia, with their three kids and two dogs. When he’s not working or writing, he enjoys hiking, climbing, and mountain biking.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All Georgia trial courts
Law School Attended
- University of Miami School of Law—J.D. 2009
- University of Alabama School of Law—LL.M. 2012
- College of Charleston—B.S. & B.A. 2005
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court
- Appellate Practice
- Civil Rights
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Barrister, Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court
- Editorial Board Member, The Verdict Magazine
- Alumnus, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Program
- Alumnus, National Multiple Sclerosis Society Leadership Program