Chris Watkins has been litigating cases in Georgia for more than ten years. He joined Cheeley Law Group in 2018 and now focuses exclusively on the representation of victims of serious bodily injury, wrongful death, commercial vehicle wrecks, business fraud and torts, and insurance bad faith.
Before joining Cheeley Law Group, Chris worked at a large international law firm where he represented insurers in connection with high exposure professional liability claims. His prior employment provided extensive experience with premises liability, construct defects, personal injury litigation, and insurance coverage disputes.
Chris is also a veteran with more than 19 years of service. He currently serves in the Georgia Army National Guard as a Judge Advocate officer. His roles in the National Guard include Military Police
Platoon Leader, Rear Operations Command Planning Officer, Battalion Judge Advocate, Defense Counsel and Senior Defense Counsel, and Command Judge Advocate.
Chris is a Georgia native and a graduate of North Georgia College & State University where he earned a B.A. in English in 2004 and a Master of Public Administration in 2007. He attended law school at the University of Oklahoma and graduated in 2010. He now lives in Alpharetta with his wife and two daughters.
- 2010, Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Law School Attended
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Class of 2010, J.D.
- North Georgia College & State University, Class of 2007, M.P.A.
- North Georgia College & State University, Class of 2004, B.A., English
Associations & Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Forsyth County Bar Association