Don’t Let Business Torts Threaten Your Company’s Future
When a person or business commits fraud against your business, you may wonder if you can do anything about it. A business tort attorney can help you navigate the other party’s conduct to determine if they violated your legal rights.
At Cheeley Law Group, our attorneys have extensive Georgia businesses litigation experience. We can help analyze your situation and determine your options. We will also help you calculate the financial damages that will properly compensate you. Our attorneys are trial lawyers at their core and will gladly take your case to trial, if necessary.
What Is A Tort?
A tort is a civil violation of someone else’s legal rights that result in some sort of loss. Many types of lawsuits fall under the general category of tort law, including personal injury, fraud, defamation and trespass, to name a few. Some torts also fall into the criminal category, such as assault, fraud and trespass. Business torts cover violations that harm a business. Common business torts we encounter include:
- Misrepresentation and fraud — when a party damages your business through lies or manipulation
- Breach of fiduciary duties — when a party in a position of trust over your assets violates their duties
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices — this is geared more toward protecting consumers from unfair business practices
- Civil RICO and conspiracy — you may sue a criminal organization that conspires to commit crimes that injure your business
- Tortious interference with contractual and prospective business relationships — when other parties interfere with your business contracts and agreements
You do not have to accept the shady business practices of others when they cause you financial damages. We will help you fight for the compensation you deserve.